Thursday, February 20, 2014

Stamps


Stamp collecting was an early hobby. I think I started at Dad's suggestion. He worked at Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, Ohio and often brought home stamps from other countries. I remember ordering stamps and supplies through the mail. I liked the history, geography, and organizational aspects of stamp collecting. My friend BG and his father also collected stamps. Sometimes we worked together on our collections. I think I did stamp collecting just a few years in mid to late elementary school.

 Every once in a while I'll hear a term or tidbit of history and recognize it as something I learned from collecting stamps. Years ago when we were cleaning house I found the old stamp albums. I passed them along to another generation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment