Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Where's Your Pond?


Have you ever read something and then find that a phrase keeps coming back to you, perhaps one that didn't hit you initially?

That happened to me with a newspaper article about the importance of receiving instruction from the Spirit. Two men were discussing this and the older man took the younger one to a pond on his property. He explained that this was where he came when he wanted to commune with the Spirit. 

He looked the other man in the eye and asked, "Where's your pond?"

This phrase keeps going through my head and my heart. I make time to pray and study scriptures every day. I try to slow down and do those things that keep me receptive to the Spirit. But do I have a "pond?" Do I have a place that's conducive to pondering, listening, and being taught? I need to work on that. 

We have a huge "pond" at the end of our street. Perhaps I need to do my morning walks to the lake more frequently.  


No comments:

Post a Comment