Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ich Dien - I Serve







1994
   MY FATHER
*******************

Ich Dien

Many years ago I read that the motto of the Prince of Wales is "Ich Dien" (I serve). This seemed to me to be an appropriate motto to serve as a guide for my life.

I used this on a flag I made for a camping trip, but nowhere else.

When we were in Wales in 1992, I found a small lapel button showing the device of the Prince of Wales - - three plumes inside a gold crown, with the words "Ich Dien" in the background. I bought the button and glued it to my skean dhu to serve as a reminder.

I have tried to serve others in many capacities. and trust that I may be able to continue to do so for many years.







******************


 

skean dhu – small, single-edged knife; part of traditional Scottish Highland dress; instead of tucking the knife in the top of kilt hose, Bill had a holder for it in his boot





Scanned & digitized (OCR) from typed copy William Holton included in his “The End Times,” a notebook he left to guide us through all that needed to be done when he passed to the other side

jht notes 22 December 2012

images – Wikipedia Commons 
skean dhu - here and here 




No comments:

Post a Comment