Saturday, January 26, 2013

Good Life in a Good Place



Saturday evening I was on my way home when I saw this AWESOME sunset. 
That's downtown Seattle to the left of the sun. 

I thought back over the day and our good life. We puttered around the house working on things we're thankful to have time and skills to do. We are fortunate to live in a wonderful townhouse in this beautiful community. I went to a preparedness fair this afternoon to learn more about being prepared for emergencies. 

I drove through downtown Kirkland several times on my way back and forth this afternoon and early evening. I love this community. It feels good to live here. I was listening to Garrison Keillor and "A Prairie Home Companion." His skits and music make me smile. I love glimpsing the lake as I drive. I couldn't see the Olympic or Cascade Mountains, but I knew they were there. Today's drizzle and low 40 degree temperatures didn't deter people and their dogs from walking outside - some people were even eating outside like the sun was out and it was warm! Kirkland's many outdoor sculptures bring smiles to my heart when I see them. 

I went to the library to pick up several books I had requested. I thought about my love of reading and thankfulness for good books and good libraries. 

I bought dinner at one of our favorite places and was taking it home to Joe. I came around a curve and was stunned by this sunset. I stopped in one park to admire it. Then I drove to Marina Park in downtown Kirkland and got out of the car to take pictures from  several vantage points. The sunset was vivid and downtown Seattle had a very unusual light behind it (to the left of the sun). 

People were drawn to this beautiful sight. Drivers parked and walkers stopped and walked to the water's edge - we were in awe and knew we were witnessing something special. 
Life is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment