Thursday, October 24, 2013

Doing Good - Batten Awareness

Noah Coughlan is on a mission to raise awareness of children with Batten Disease. In 2011 he ran across the country. He's doing it again this year. Recently he ran through Columbus and got together with the Betz family.

From Noah's blog -
"I had dinner with Jenni and Andy Betz from Columbus on the night of Day 87. I have known the Betz’s for a few years now but had never met them in person. During the 2011 Run For Research, I ran for their 4 year old daughter Celia who lost her battle with Batten Disease in 2012. In fact, Celia was the first child I dedicated a certain day of running to. I remember calling from the CA desert to wish Celia a Happy Birthday." Jenni posted about their dinner with Noah on her blog.

Noah ran by Jan's office where she and her coworkers cheered Noah on. Jan presented Noah with one of Celia's beautiful red curls. Noah will take it to Boston with him. See news coverage here (click on the picture to see the video).

More from Noah's blog - "Celia was the first child I dedicated a day to in 2011, ... In 2013, Celia Betz will be also be the last child I run for and dedicate a day to on 11/9, the day before I finish."

Thank you Noah. Thank you Jenni, Andy, and the rest of the family for sharing Celia and her story.

(Celia is my sister's granddaughter.)







No comments:

Post a Comment