Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dinner by the Missionaries

Family journal entry for November 23, 1982
"Elders K & B fixed dinner for us one evening - 
they barbequed chicken - fixed beans, salad & rolls."
ElderK makes his special sauce

grilling the chicken
my memory is that snowflakes were swirling that night
it was cold for this missionary from California 

ElderK, ElderB & Michael


 These pictures bring back fun memories of people who have enriched our lives. It's also interesting to see what was decorating our walls, which dishes we were using (some of which we still have), what food we were eating (I think that's our strawberry freezer jam Michael is holding), the clothes we wore, hairstyles, and so forth. 

This is also a good reminder of how wonderful it is to have pictures of precious times together (even better if people and date are indicated on the back) - and how wonderful it is to have journal entries to supplement the pictures. I wonder what else I noted about this evening in my personal journal? Someday I'll have to dig that entry out of the bins in the garage and read about that evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment