Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dad's Thoughts on Eternal Relationships

For several decades, our father wrote a weekly letter to his four children. 
Dad ended his May 8, 1983 letter with these thoughts. 
"Julie's letter closed with some thoughts on the eternal nature of the family. Let me add one thought to that from my own experience. One of Mother's letters to me stated "after I have taken this journey to a new place do not let me get too far from you. Think of me often, and let my spirit, which will be hovering over you, commune with yours. " And it does. Today, May 8, was Mother's birthday . When this came on Mother's Day, we really had a celebration. So she has been in my mind more than usual today. And, though she has been gone for 41 years, I can truly say that she is with me in spirit.

So, whatever happens to me in another life, I pray that my spirit can be with each of you in a positive and helpful -- maybe even inspirational -- way,


Amen."



No comments:

Post a Comment