Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Blue Hat

I bought this hat about 10 years ago, maybe more. The hat is purely functional and, on me, not fashionable. The hat doesn't look as good on me as it does on the models in the catalog. It's become part of my summer "signature." A number of times people have been able to spot me from a distance - they just look for the blue hat. It keeps the sun out of my eyes and hopefully is protecting my freckled skin from the sun. 
windy evening on Lake Washington
It's not bulky, it's easy to carry and stuff in my purse when I'm not wearing it. 
Baby & Grandma with almost matching hats in 2005. 
A rolled up brim is probably a better look for Grandma :)
I've been told that this get-up isn't seen very often on Lake Washington!
So, if you're ever looking for me in a crowd (in the summer) - just look for the blue hat!


1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of you on the jet ski! You are one cool grandma!

    ReplyDelete