Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Time Flies


I'm still a paper planner person. Writing on paper appeals to me. For my daily planning and note taking, paper is much more useful than making electronic notes.

Each month I pull out the blank, clean, uncluttered pages for the upcoming month. Sometimes I stop and think about what these pages represent - opportunities, choices, disappointments, frustrations, surprises, and happiness. You just never know what a new month will bring.

I contemplate the month that is ending. I look at the pages that are cluttered with plans and notes. Some things worked out, sometimes even better than I hoped. There are always unanticipated events - some full of joy, some with disappointments and frustrations attached. The notes about thoughts that came into my head about things to do and people to serve always add up to more time than I have - and thus require pondering and praying about priorities and choosing between good, better, best

Seems like every time I turn around a week has gone by, then a month, then a year. I remember hearing "old" people say time went faster as you aged. Now that many would consider me one of those "old" people, I can say that time really does go more quickly than it used to. I'm sure it's because I'm getting closer to the end of my journey here on earth and I'm very aware that time is a precious gift. It's up to me to choose wisely how to use the time represented by those clean, unmarked pages. 

Since time is the one immaterial object which we cannot influence 
-- neither speed up nor slow down, add to nor diminish -- 
it is an imponderably valuable gift."  
~Maya Angelou

To this I say, "AMEN!"





No comments:

Post a Comment