Saturday, June 22, 2013

Journeys


Our family has been taking photographs and making scrapbooks for at least three generations. We are blessed with a true abundance of photos that give glimpses into our family's lives. There are so many pictures and so many albums that our family decided we need to digitize and reduce the volume of scrapbooks and pictures. How many photos of the Grand Canyon in faded 1969 prints do our posterity really want to see? Probably not very many. 

Over the last few years I've been going through Mom's and Dad's scrapbooks and our photo albums. I hope I live long enough to complete this project :) 

I had photos from our 1966-69 album spread out, trying to decide what to keep and what to toss. On the work table I noticed the copy of Dr. Seuss' "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" I am using it for photo projects for our graduating grandsons. They are at the early part of their journeys and will hopefully compile scrapbooks of some sort along the way. Here I was disassembling scrapbooks from our life's journey and determining what to leave for the next generation. It was a bit ironic to think about this. 

To Our Grandchildren - Oh, The Places You'll Go!
From us - Oh, The Places We've Been!


No comments:

Post a Comment