Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Picture, A Button & Memories


Mid1960s - celebration of my graduation from Miami University

When I scanned this picture, I remembered making the suit I wore when I graduated from Miami. Then it came to me that I still had a button from that suit. I checked the button box that made the trek west with us - there it was! Years of 4-H and coaching by Mom helped me develop some pretty good sewing skills that included an outfit like this, complete with bound buttonholes. 46 years have gone by - why in the world was memory of that button taking up space in my brain???

More pictures from graduation day

Grandparents - Hazel Floyd, Caryl & Florence Holton

John, Lee & Mavis King & Julia
(check out my hairdo - how much hairspray did it take to keep that in place?)
Don't we look young?

I'm sure Mom & Dad were there - no pictures of them for some reason


No comments:

Post a Comment