Friday, November 23, 2012

Stories - Gifts


“Every room tells a story. My story. Yours. I need to get those stories down on these leaves of paper, it is a terrible and unquenchable urge. I want to write all the stories out so that the words stand strong with a life of their own, so that they truly exist. So that the story of this house and its inhabitants will remain forever. Yes, we the Bazelets of the rue Childebert. We lived here, and despite the snares that destiny threw our way, we were happy here." 
Tatiana de Rosnay, "The House I Loved"

***************************

I have a great desire to record family stories - stories of people, places, and things. I don't know if I'd label that desire as "terrible and unquenchable," but it's pretty strong! Some of our ancestors wrote stories for us. What treasures those are! It's the stories that make people and places come alive. 

Let us all leave the gift of stories for our posterity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment