Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bowls & Their Stories


The other day I made something that required many bowls. At our age, everything has a story or two - even bowls.

The blue bowl on the right - that comes from Mom and Dad's home. I remember it from my childhood. What stories it could tell. 

The three metal bowls - Joe brought these with him when we were married in 1976. They're a marvelous addition to our kitchen. 

The two white bowls with the blue pattern - John King & I received this set as a wedding gift back in 1967. There used to be a third bowl but it broke more than 35 years ago. In June 1976 I was using the large one in our kitchen on Harvest Street in Dublin, Ohio. Michael is helping. 


**********
Added February 16, 2014
In the movie "The Way We Were" Barbra Streisand's character uses a bowl exactly like this white bowl with blue pattern. 



No comments:

Post a Comment