Thursday, July 7, 2016

One Load At A Time

Sometimes things pile up and I have to remind myself that one load at a time is all I can do. Sometimes I can't even do that one load - if the dryer breaks. 

Recently our dryer broke. We didn't inherit its manual or receipt when we bought the condominium so we don't know its age - it's definitely past middle age. When it broke we decided to try for repair instead of buying a new one. It was going to take a week for a repair person to come out. A neighbor kindly loaned us her dryer and I used it to dry two loads. I let the rest pile up. 

The dryer was repaired and I was ready to tackle the mountain of laundry. Since I could do just one load at a time I had to prioritize. As I went through this process I thought about the similarity with our lives. Things can pile up. We have to make daily decisions about priorities and capacity - so we can do what needs to be done. 

 I've put this picture on the wall to remind myself  - one load at a time. Our "dryer" can only do so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment