Sunday, July 31, 2016

Action Required


 “I desire that ye shall plant this word [of God] in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become a tree, springing up in you unto everlasting life. And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye will. Amen.”  Alma 33:23


Knowing God requires action on my part. I won’t progress if I’m passive about my discipleship. I like all the action in this verse. Plant and nourish, these are things I need to do. Then God does His part by helping the seed become a tree. We’ll still have burdens but they will be light as we share the load with Christ. Joy! of his Son! Then we are reminded that we can do this – if we put our mind (and effort) into it! 
















Read more about planting and nourishing the seed of faith Alma 32

No comments:

Post a Comment