Saturday, May 14, 2016

Street Running

I was processing photos recently and came across these images. 
I vividly remembered the occasion - hard to forget a time you see a train go down the main street, just feet away from the buildings. 
I even remembered Joe's meal at the restaurant. "Heart attack on a plate," I thought at the time.  This is a Hot Brown, a traditional Louisville, Kentucky dish that goes back to his mother's time in Louisville and her partying at the Brown Hotel in Louisville.  
But I couldn't remember the town. 
A bit of searching revealed that we were in LaGrange, Kentucky. 
Click here for a video of the train "street running," train lingo for running on a city street. This September 2014 news report said the train comes through town up to 30 times a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment