Thursday, February 4, 2016

Still Noticing

We've been here long enough that I'm no longer making a mental note of things that are different from Ohio. However, there are still some things that catch my eye every time I see them.
Palm trees - I still don't think of them as a tree of the Northwest

The light 
above - sometimes the light illuminates 
just part of Seattle on the other side of Lake Washington

My iphone camera can't capture this sight and feeling. I came out of the grocery and walked into the nearby park. When I looked up there were the Olympic Mountains in the distance. See the white mound in the middle of the picture? It still takes my breath away - that instant when you see these majestic mountains that have been hidden from view and one day seem to appear out of nowhere. 



No comments:

Post a Comment