Saturday, February 20, 2016

Ikea

Back in Ohio I heard people rave about Ikea and its products. I remember friends organizing treks to the nearest store which was in Pittsburgh at the time. The Seattle (really Renton) store was my first Ikea store. What an experience! We went several times after moving into our townhouse. 
Recently I made a return trip to get bookcases for our new home.  
According to the app on my phone 
I walked over 2 miles in the store!
Most of you probably know how the system works. You find what you want in the showroom displays. Then you go to the warehouse and locate your packaged product on the shelves. Click here for an interesting article on Ikea's inventory management system (it really is interesting :)
The boxes fit nicely in our Forester. 
Fortunately we didn't have to load anything on top!
Missionaries came over and assembled the bookcases for us. I have to figure out how to take good pictures in the living room. Light streams in the bay window and makes picture taking very challenging - but we love the light!
We appreciate them and their help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment