Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Stain Removal

Recently I had to work pretty hard over several days to remove a stubborn stain from a pair of slacks. 
As I was doing this, the hymn "More Holiness Give Me" kept going through my head. What does stain removal have to do with a hymn, you ask?

More holiness give me,
More strivings within,
More patience in suff’ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.
.......
More purity give me,
More strength to o’ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy—
More, Savior, like thee.

Text and music: Philip Paul Bliss, 1838–1876
For the earth stains on my clothes I used Shout and OxiClean as well as water, agitation, soaking, and time. 
Things of the world can cause earth stains on my spirit. We have a whole arsenal we can use on these kinds of stains - prayer, repentance, the sacrament (communion), scripture study, service, worship, and other actions that put me in touch with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ through the Spirit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment