Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Gardens

These beautiful gardens at the Seattle Temple brought back wonderful memories of gardens I used to have. I enjoyed creating and caring for gardens. Every once in a while I miss having a garden. 


Our yard on North Street was very shaded. It took years of experimentation to discover which plants worked well with the soil and light (and my medium commitment to gardening). I remember when someone introduced me to hostas. Not only did hostas like shade, they are a low maintenance plant. That's a wonderful combination! Over the years I collected hostas from Mom, my sister, and others. I enjoyed purchasing some unusual varieties. I love the variety of sizes and colors. It was fun to share them with friends when the plants needed dividing. 
Click here and here to read about my "legacy" garden in Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment