Monday, June 15, 2015

Not Alone


Isn’t it wonderful that our support system for getting through life includes help from the other side of the veil? I’m referring not only to Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit but also ancestors and friends who have passed to the other side. Sometimes we’re privileged to have an experience in which we feel, see, or otherwise know about that help. I think most of the time we’re clueless about the amount and kind of support we receive from the other side. 

Here are some scriptures that help me remember that I am not alone.  

“For I will go before your face,” the Lord declared. “I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up” (Doctrine & Covenants 84:88).

 ****************
 “And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.”  2Kings 6: 15-17

  ****************
Russell M. Nelson talks of “heaven-sent lift” for “heaven-sent duties.” Blogger April Perry tells how that phrase helped her realize she’s not alone as she faces tough situations in her life. Check out her post here. It was her post that caused me to ponder this topic. 

We are not alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment