Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Small Moments - Big Memories

I enjoy reading blogs written by mothers of young children. Many of these women have gained wisdom I didn't learn until much later in life, too late for my time with young children.

April Meeker writes about the gift of memories of special moments from our past.* 

"... life is celebrated in small snippets of time. Moments where all is right with the world slip through our hands too quickly, but we are gifted the memory.

As a mother, I have learned that is it folly to place all hopes of happiness into grand celebrations. Expectation has a way of masking what is most important. The road to happily ever after is paved with small, seemingly inconsequential memories. Moments of time. A hug. A laugh. A bike ride."

*Read the complete post here

**************
"Small" Moment, Big Memory From My Past

We lived a few blocks from downtown. I have a vivid, and very happy, memory of going to the barbershop with Dad. We held hands and skipped along the Courthouse's wide, slate sidewalks. We sang, "Hippity hop, hippity hop, off we go to the barbershop." 



No comments:

Post a Comment