Saturday, October 3, 2020

Faith and Light amidst Heartache


Kim Olsen White, a young mother battling cancer, was asked “How do you still have faith with all the heartache that surrounds you?” Her response - “Because faith is what gets me through these dark times. Having faith doesn’t mean nothing bad is going to happen. Having faith allows me to believe that there will be light again. And that light will be even brighter because I have walked through the dark. As much darkness as I have witnessed over the years, I have witnessed far more light. I have seen miracles. I have felt angels. I have known that my Heavenly Father was carrying me. None of that would have been experienced if life was easy. The future of this life may be unknown, but my faith is not. If I choose to not have faith then I choose to only walk in darkness. Because without faith, darkness is all that is left.” 

Sadly, Kim died on Valentine's Day this year. She is now seeing the light on the other side of the veil. The family she leaves behind continues in faith. 

(story shared in talk by Gary Stevenson)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment