Monday, September 24, 2018

Finding My Way


A friend and I recently went to the Vancouver British Columbia Temple. There’s nothing like the peace and love you can feel in the temple, the House of the Lord. Being there is a reminder of the eternal nature of our lives. 
Not far over the Canadian border, the navigation system started guiding me to back roads, definitely different from my printed directions. Finally, after about 20 minutes of feeling very uncertain, I saw the temple. What relief and joy!!! 
“You have arrived at your destination,” said the Waze voice

I thought about all the symbolism of the trip and that statement. The first part of the route was familiar, up to the US border. I’d been that way before. It was also familiar from the maps. Then I got into unknown territory and I felt unsure of myself. I had to rely on Waze to guide me because everything was unfamiliar. That happens to us in life frequently, or at least it does to me. In such times, I rely heavily on the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Spirit for direction. 

“You have arrived at your destination.” That’s what I want to hear on the other side, along with “Well done, thou good and faithful servant.” (Matthew 25: 21)
Holiness to the Lord
The House of the Lord


No comments:

Post a Comment