Sunday, June 10, 2018

Ducks

When I went to the grocery recently I noticed these two ducks comfortably settled in not far from the front door. Our former neighbor Carl works at the store and was doing some outside tasks. He told me about the ducks. 

He said a pair of ducks come every year. (Wonder if it’s the pair that always built a nest at the nearby independent bookstore that was torn down for the new construction.) This year the female came back with a different male. The original male later joined the pair. Sometimes the males fight and the female leaves. The female isn’t around much Carl said. I suggested she might have babies somewhere. Carl said the two males get along OK when she’s not there.

I think the ducks might be pretty comfortable - they had water in the bowls and grain scattered on the concrete. The lake is only two blocks away.


No comments:

Post a Comment