Friday, January 20, 2017

Write or Type?

Paper or digital
To write or type my journal - that is the question!

I've been journaling for about 25 years. In 2008 I switched from hand writing my journal to typing it. I enjoy typing and I like the idea of having a digital record. Searching that digital journal has come in handy when I've needed to find the date of an event or something else I'm trying to remember. 

In December I started having the feeling I should write in a paper journal instead of digital. I wasn't very enthusiastic about that feeling. I decided to handwrite my scripture journal on paper and see how that goes. I've been surprised at my reaction. There's something about putting pen to paper that feels very different from putting fingers to a keyboard. I like the feeling of pen on paper. I like the feel and sound of the paper as I turn the pages. 

I wrote - "We'll see how it goes."
**************

Click here and here for some interesting comments on writing vs typing.
**************

Many people think my keyboard is strange. It's ergonomic (split). I've been using it for years and find it very comfortable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment